I realized I have not posted my number one favorite slow cooker chicken recipe. So! Here you go! This easy slow cooker chicken is made with just a few ingredients, super simple…. And tremendously tasty!
- 9-10 chicken thigh pieces, bone in
- 1/3 cup quality flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tblsp fancy sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tblsp thyme, a bit less if fresh
- 1 cup pitted prunes, cut in half
- 2 14 oz cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 14oz can green olives, drained
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup red wine
Wash chicken; remove skin. Pat dry.
Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag. Add chicken to flour mixture and toss to coat. Place chicken in an large oval slow cooker.
Sprinkle chicken with garlic, lemon peel, and thyme. Top with artichokes, prunes and olives. Combine juice & wine; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 hours or until chicken has cooked through and sauce has thickened. Serves 6 to 8.
#slowcooker #spanishchicken #easymeal