Egg muffins are a great way for a quick breakfast. I make a batch and refrigerate some, freeze some.
Preheat oven to 350⁰
Place silicone baking muffin liners in 12 muffin pan, spray lightly with nonstick spray, this will make for a much easier clean up later.
9 large eggs
2 tbsp finely chopped onion, scallions or shallot
½ cup half and half
Salt and pepper to taste
Or better yet, your favorite seasoning. I use a spicy Italian combo seasoning a lot in my house.
Your favorite fresh herb is also a good idea, I would chop a half teaspoon such as basil, thyme or oregano. Although, come to think of it, rosemary would be good with breakfast sausage.
Fillings, so many ways! Make filling or filling combinations at 1 ½ to 2 cups total. Chop or slice the ingredients small enough to fit in muffin tin. Shred cheese and set aside. If you have leftover ingredients, use them in your next mixed greens salad!
- Asparagus tips, basil, goat cheese
- Spinach, cherry tomatoes (cut in half and deseeded), feta or mozzarella cheese
- Mushrooms, diced red bell pepper, white cheddar
- Bacon (cooked), Anaheim pepper (deseeded), cheddar cheese
- Breakfast sausage, red bell pepper, your choice of cheese
- Broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, your choice of cheese
- Cauliflower, red bell pepper, cheddar cheese
- Or whatever combo is good for a diet you are on, such as Keto
Whisk eggs and half and half well. Add onion and season with salt and pepper or your favorite seasoning. If you use fresh herbs, mix a small amount into the eggs.
Add your vegetable combination to muffin liners, add cheese, then spoon in egg mixture evenly in each muffin mold.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until set. Let them cool slightly and serve. Cool completely before you store in refrigerator or freeze in an airtight container.
Reheat for 1 minute or defrost 1 minute, heat 1 minute (or less)
#EggMuffins #breakfast #quickbreakfast
Leave a Reply