I have been a stress case lately. All sorts of reasons.
The real estate market is amped up and whipped into a daily frenzy.
My cardiologist is putting me through the ringer with tests that are difficult to dismiss.
I have such full days I cannot find time to clean my own home or do laundry.
I still have not taken my cruiser bike to George’s for a summer tune up.
My garden is pathetic since I planted so darn late.
So, here are the things I am doing to decompress and chill out:
- Eliminate alcohol during the week which for me is wine. It’s not easy but it is important for my overall health.
- I am going back to my Buddhist sangha to meditate weekly. It feeds my soul.
- I do not listen to a book on my morning hike with Murphy. I listen to the stillness.
- I do listen to a book on Audible in the evenings instead of television. It’s a performance that exercises my brain.
- I somehow find the time to go to the grocery store at the end of the day and purchase fresh ingredients for a fresh meal. I love to cook, even if it is just for me.
- I listen to music when I do clean my house. Marvin Gaye Pandora radio as a matter of fact!
- I took a drawing class and I have made one night a week to practice my skills. It’s fun!
- I am going to buy tickets to a few more concerts before the summer is over. I love music.
- I am planning a road trip or two before the end of the summer. I need that break.
- I am looking forward to canning this fall. My sister will be here to help me!
- I take naps. I need them these days.
- I write down daily what gave or gives me joy, what I am grateful for in a special journal. It is a reminder of just how precious life, family and friendships are.
If you can come up with a list, you just may find yourself a bit calmer afterwards. I know I am feeling better after putting this on paper for you.
#LifeLesson #ChillOut #EnjoyLife #Breathe